We have been busy as ever in the library. On average, we see about 65 walk in students each day and we are circulating SO MANY of our brand new books! In fact, this year we have checked out 4,032 items so far! We feel honored to support our staff and students with the resources they need to be successful in school!
Speaking of resources...Did you know that we have many resources available online now? You have access to these 24/7! Every day, all day! You don't just have to be in school to use them! Here is a list of fabulous resources you can access through the library website!
- World Book Online databases
- World Book Kids-for slightly younger audiences
- World Book Discover-middle school audience with a slightly easier reading level
- World Book Student-middle school audience with average reading level
- World Book Advanced-middle/high school with advanced reading level
- World Book Ancient Peoples-explore ancient cultures!
- World Book Inventions and Discoveries-research ideas and tools that advance us!
- World Book Living Green-topics related to our environment and conservation!
- Hallazgos-World Book database in Spanish!
- CultureGrams-Explore the world through this incredible database!
- Mackin VIA-our main portal to the library's 220+ ebooks!
- Most of these titles are non-fiction
- We have 30+ that are fiction
- ALL are simultaneous access--many people can read them at the same time.
- Link to Anythink Library's TumbleCloud and TumbleBooks!
- Great options for a bigger selection on fiction titles
- NetTrekker-log in and browse the internet! This AMAZING site includes readability levels for the sites you find!
- You can save your searches so you can come back to them at a later date too!
- Many other links to web 2.0 tools and other great sites!
- If you need access to these tools at home, stop by the library and pick up a bookmark with usernames and passwords. :)
As always, we are here to help you be a successful student! Please ask us if you have any questions!!!
Mrs. Lott and Mrs. Bender