Happy New Year to our students, staff, and families! We are excited to embark upon 2012 and all that it will bring! Here is some news to keep you up to date. Stop in and see us soon!
* We have 243 BRAND NEW BOOKS that should be arriving this week! These are graphic novels, books in Spanish, and new picture books for middle school readers! We will be ordering new Fiction and Non-fiction materials for the library in the next few weeks too! New year...New books! That makes us happy!
* The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to the TMS Library!!! We will be open on Friday, January 27th from 12:00-4:00 through Wednesday, February 1st. We will be open both nights of Parent Teacher Conferences! Scholastic offers great titles at great prices. Stop by and see us for a book or two after you meet with your child's teachers! The library will benefit from the profits and add new books and technology for teachers and students to use!
Book Fair Dates and Hours:
Friday, January 27th 12:00-4:00--Preview Day
Monday, January 30th 8:00-4:00
Tuesday, January 31st 8:00-4:00 and 4:30-7:30
Wednesday, February 1st 8:00-4:00 and 4:30-7:30
* Digital Learrning Day is Wednesday, February 1st! What will you do to create and innovate using tech tools this day? :)
* Teen Tech Week is March 4-10, 2012! Stop in and see us on Thursday, March 8th and Friday, March 9th to try out some really cool tech tools for learning! You will be amazed at what is out there now! Web 2.0 offers amazing opportunities to contribute to the world wide online community and show what you know!
* TMS has 35 iPod Touch devices for teachers to check out to use with students! These are split in 2 sets to meet the needs of 2 classes at a time. Set #1 has 17 iPods and Set #2 has 18 iPods. Teachers will be able to reserve these using the shared Google Calendars by mid January. We are excited to see these powerful digital tools in the hands of our TMS students!
* Since the start of the year we have checked out 3,833 books in the library! That's an average of about 958 items per month! With many new books coming, we expect that number to be higher for the second semester. Please see below for our top 10 student patrons and top 10 faculty patrons!
Top 10 Students:
Top 10 Staff Members:
#10 Dana Lott
#9 Amy Bayani
#8 Jonabelle Mwamba
#7 Manissa Featherstone
#6 Daniel Medina
#5 Toni Booth
#4 Nancy Bender
#3 Sarah Doss
#2 Deborah Ormsby
#1 Matt Booren
Thanks to our AWESOME "regular" visitors! We appreciate you!
* At the end of December, the library applied for a Laura Bush Foundation Grant in the amount of $6,000! This money would help allow us to meet the collection goals outlined in our library's strategic plan. Cross your fingers that we receive the funds. We will keep you posted!
Again, Happy New Year! We look forward to seeing you in the library soon!
Mrs. Lott and Mrs. Bender